Friday 26 April 2013

Banana and Butterscotch Muffins

We all have them - those bananas that we forget to eat, and so they sit in the fruit bowl and slowly turn black. Rather than throwing them away, you could try this delicious little Nigella Lawson recipe.

I used butterscotch chips (from Sainsburys), and I only used 100g rather than the 150g in the recipe. I actually found this to be enough as the chips became nice and melty, giving the muffins a satisfying gooeyness. Personally, I think any more butterscotch may have made them a little too sweet, but it's all a matter of your preference.

I found that the mixture produced 12 lovely big muffins with enough left over for 3 smaller cupcakes. I baked them all for 15 minutes, and this was ample time for the muffins to become nice and golden. They smelt so delicious that I ended up eating one straight from the oven and it tasted like a lovely sponge dessert. They are also yummy cold, with a strong banana flavour and the butterscotch cutting through for that sugar hit.


No comments:

Post a Comment