Sunday 21 April 2013

Cherry And Almond Loaf

My dad asked me to bake him something with cherries in it, and when I stumbled across a recipe for a Cherry and Almond Loaf Cake, it sounded perfect.

This is a Nigella Lawson recipe, and I followed it exactly. I am aware that some people have experienced issues with the batter being too wet, but I did not find this. I did, however, need to bake it for an hour and 8 minutes for the middle to cook through. I used tinfoil over the top for the last 8 minutes to ensure the outside of the cake did not burn.

For anyone interested, the recipe I used can be found here.

This is a moist cake, perfect to enjoy with a cuppa. It should keep for up to a week in an airtight container, but I don't think there is much chance of it surviving that long...

No comments:

Post a Comment